The Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce is seeking an entrepreneurial, community-focused leader to lead and motivate staff and committed group of volunteers to achieve the goals and objectives determined by the Board of Directors. The successful candidate will need to establish strong ties to current members and be a teambuilder serving as the liaison with the Board of Directors, Chamber staff, the City of Sulphur Springs, Hopkins County Economic Development Corporation, Hopkins County, and the surrounding communities. The position of President will remain open until filled. Applications should be received by noon on Friday, February 12.
Organization: Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce
Population: Hopkins County-35,161 including Sulphur Springs at 15,541 as of the 2010 census
Location: Sulphur Springs, Texas – Eighty (80) miles East of Dallas on U.S. Interstate Highway 30, one hundred (100) miles North of Tyler; Thirty (30) minutes North of Lake Fork and fifteen (15) minutes South of Cooper Lake State Park. Also serving the communities of Brashear, Como, Cumby, Miller Grove, Pickton, Sulphur Bluff, and Tira.
Reports To: Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, Executive Committee and the Chairman of the Board
Classification: Full Time/Salary
- Responsible to lead, market, and coordinate the programs and events of the Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce.
- Oversee and report all fiscal activity plus adherence and creation of annual and event-specific budgets.
- Responsible for all personnel management, administrative operations, and policies of the Chamber and Board of Directors.
- Oversight, implementation, and expansion of all areas of written, electronic, and internet-based forms of communication promoting the Chamber, its membership, and the business community.
- Represent the Chamber as spokesperson at official functions at local, regional, and state levels.
- Promote and educate the concerns of the Chamber with elected and government agencies at the city, county, state, and national levels.
- Recruit and retain members as well as develop membership-focused education and activities for the benefit of the business community.
- Direct and assist the planning and execution of all Chamber events and long-range programs.
- Coordinate with and report to the Chairman and the Board of Directors the accomplishments for tasks deemed to be in the best interest of the Chamber and the community.
- Upon acceptance of the position, the President will reside in Hopkins County.
Specific Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study
- Minimum of three (3) or more years related experience working in an executive position with significant personnel, financial, and strategic responsibility
- Prefer chamber of commerce management or experience with an equivalent organization
- Proficient knowledge of computer systems, MS Office, and QuickBooks or an equivalent accounting software
- Maintain an effective information technology strategy, including use of the Internet, website maintenance, and social media
- Establish and achieve fundraising and sponsorship targets
- Display leadership, supervisory skills and characteristics (Organization, Negotiation, Delegation, and Diplomacy)
- Identify and recruit businesses and business leaders for membership, Chamber board, and committee leadership positions
- Motivate others to be champions of the Chamber’s initiatives and key goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with public relations, marketing campaigns, and work with local media
- Have a passion for Hopkins County and encourage businesses and individuals to move to Hopkins County
- Some heavy lifting and carrying is required
To apply please forward a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, references, and this completed application to:
Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce
C/O Selection Committee
110 Main Street
Sulphur Springs, Texas 75482
Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce Email: