CHAMBER CONNECTION December 12
Attention All Chamber Members: Membership Directories are being prepared NOW!
Chamber members, we are going to print with the 2020 Membership Directory. We are going to have it ready for distribution the first part of January, so we need you to do a few things …
- Please go to www.HopkinsChamber.org and click in the directory search. Please check to make sure that we have the correct information for your business. We have been trying to check and recheck it, but we need your help to make sure everything is correct.
- If your membership investment is past due, payment arrangements need to be made prior to Dec. 30, to be included in the 2020 Directory.
- If you find information that needs to be corrected, please call the Chamber at 903-885-6515. If you are interested in placing an ad in the directory, please contact Lee Ann Peugh at Echo Publishing at 903-885-8663.
Would you like to recognize an Outstanding Educator?
Here is your chance … the Chamber of Commerce Education Committee wants to allow all Hopkins County citizens to nominate their candidates for “Outstanding Professional Educator,” an administrator, counselor, diagnostician or teacher; Outstanding Para Professional Educator, a secretary or aide; Outstanding Auxiliary Educator, a maintenance, custodial, transportation, nurse or cafeteria employee.
You may pick up a nomination form at the Chamber office at 110 Main St., and then, either fax, e-mail or mail it in, no later than Dec. 31. Our fax number is 903-885-6516, our e-mail address is Lezley@HopkinsChamber.org, and our mailing address is also 110 Main St., Sulphur Springs, TX 75482.
Don’t miss this opportunity to recognize a special educator!
Nominations for Large and Small Business of the Year
Please submit your nomination for Large Business of the Year and Small Business of the Year. Nominations should be for those businesses which exhibit outstanding community involvement — civic, church, educational, benevolent, humanitarian or other.
You may pick up a nomination form at the Chamber office at 110 Main St. and either fax, e-mail or mail it in, no later than Dec. 31. Our fax number is 903-885-6516, our e-mail address is Lezley@HopkinsChamber.org and our mailing address is 110 Main St., Sulphur Springs, TX 75482.
Additional Chamber of Commerce Banquet Nominations
Many other awards are presented at the Chamber of Commerce membership banquet (Feb. 13, 2020). Aside from the awards mentioned above, nominations are also being accepted for:
- Citizen of the Year — Chamber of Commerce — 110 Main St., Sulphur Springs, TX 75482
- Woman of the Year — Beta Sigma Phi Organization — P.O. Box 72, Sulphur Springs, TX 75483
- Caregiver of the Year — The Pilot Club — P.O. Box 131, Sulphur Springs, TX 75483
- Community Pride Award — Adult Leadership Class — 110 Main St., Sulphur Springs, TX 75482
- Agriculturist of the Year — Agri-Life Extension Office — P.O. Box 518, Sulphur Springs, TX 75483
- Growth and Renewal — DBA —109 Jefferson St. E, SS, TX 75482
Each of these nominations should be submitted in writing and mailed to the above-mentioned address.
Main Street Theater Presents “A Christmas Carol”
The Main Street Theater Community Players Presents A Christmas Carol. Performances will be Thursday, Dec. 12 and Friday, Dec. 13, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, Dec. 1, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and again from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.; and Sunday, Dec. 15, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Online reservations can be made at www.communityplayersinc.com or by calling (903) 885-0107. Main Street Theater is located at 225 Main St. in Sulphur Springs.
Chaffer’s Place presents their monthly concert
Chaffer’s Place, located at 410 Main St. in Sulphur Springs, is hosting a live concert featuring music from the soundtrack of The Preacher’s Wife. The concert will be held on Dec. 19, and doors will open at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. This includes dinner and a show! For more information, call 470-848-2246 or visit www.ckproductions.info.
Chaffer’s Place also offers live music every Friday and Saturday night.